Tony Barbour has project managed several Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA) in Southern Africa, including the World Bank funded SEA for a road programme in Mozambique, SEA of the City of Cape Town’s bid to host the 2000 Olympic Games (the first time an SEA was undertaken for an Olympic bid), SEA for the City of Windhoek to inform planning over a 20 year time horizon, and SEA of the suitability of implementing a Biofuel Programme in Northern Namibia.
- Project Manager of SEA for assessment of option to develop biofuels in Northern Namibia (2010-2011);
- Project Manager of SEA City of Windhoek, Namibia (2010-2011);
- Project Manager of SEA for Phase 2 of the National Roads Strategy for Mozambique (2007);
- Joint Project Manager of SEA of Cape Town 2004 Olympic Bid, Cape Town, South Africa (1999);
- Specialist input on socio-economic aspects for Baralink SEA, Johannesburg, South Africa (1998).