Tony Barbour specialises in the development and implementation of environmental training and capacity building programmes with a focus on Social Impact Assessments (SIA), Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA) and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA). Programmes include development and facilitation of training courses for government officials in South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland and Namibia.
Tony has also lectured and taught at an under-graduate and post-graduate level since 1990. His areas of educational interest include SIA, SEA, EIA, Environmental Economics and Waste Management.
SELECTED PROGRAMMES AND LECTURING EXPERIENCE
- 2 X 5 day course on Resource Economics for Coastal Managers and Government Officials, Namibian Government (2009);
- 5 day course on EIA and Environmental Management for Swaziland Local Authorities (2004);
- 5 regional SIA training workshops for officials from the South African Department of Water Affairs and Forestry (2004);
- 4 day EIA training course for officials of the South African National Parks, Kruger National Park (2003);
- Environmental Management course for Shell South Africa (2003);
- 10 x 4 day Local Agenda (LA) 21 training courses for provincial and local government departments in South Africa (2000-2002);
- 2 day Resource Economics workshop for South African Department of Water Affairs and Forestry (2002);
- 3 day Conflict Resolution workshop for subsistence fishermen, Kwa-Zulu Natal (2002);
- 4 X 5 day SEA training courses for officials from the Government of Botswana (2000 & 2001);
- 2 X 5 day EIA training course for officials of the Government of Lesotho (2000 & 2001);
- EIA training courses for local government officials in Cape Town (2000).
- Lecturer in Environmental Economics for the MPhil course in Environmental Management at University of Cape Town (UCT) (1990-2006);
- Guest lecturer in SIA, EIA and SEA for Geography and Environmental Science Honours course and MPhil course in Environmental Management at UCT (2000-current);
- Coordinator and lecturer in Environmental Economics at Cape Technikon (1999);
- Coordinator and lecturer of Waste Management course, Peninsula Technikon (1998);
- Guest lecturer at Peninsula Technikon for Waste Management (1994-1998);
- Environmental Management for senior managers, module on a business management course for AngloVaal Management run by Prof John Simpson of UCT (2000 & 2001);
- Presenter and coordinator on Integrated Environmental Management Short Course run by the Environmental Evaluation Unit at UCT (2000-2006).
Browsing for a quick and even absolutely sure remedy to some thesis composing problem? Pick up trustworthy creating services below. Top quality, short finalization, well timed conversation essay help online.