Environmental Research & Project Management
Tony has been involved in a number of research projects linked to environmental issues and sustainability, including input into research on land use planning, transport, housing, biofuels and environmental goods and services.
- Development of a Rehabilitation and Land Use Plan for the Alexkor Mining Area in the Richtersveld in the Northern Cape Province, South Africa, (2003-2007). This formed part of a land claim for the Richtersveld Community and included acting as an expert witness for the community in the associated court case.
- Environmental and social specialist for the development of Mozambique Biofuels Strategy (2007)
- Development of strategy for the development of the Environmental Goods and Service Industry in the Western Cape for the Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning in the Western Cape, South Africa, (2006)
- Review of the Environmental Goods and Service Industry in South African and development of a strategy for the Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa (2006)
- Chapter on the South African Environmental Goods and Services Industry for study commissioned by the Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism, South Africa, (2006)
- Development of Integrated Sustainable Transportation Assessment Framework for Transportation Planning in South Africa. Project Manager for joint project between EEU and Urban Transportation Research Group at UCT (2003)
- Development of Toolkit for incorporating Sustainable Development into the Integrated Development Planning Process in South Africa (2004)
- Integrating Sustainable Development into the Eastern Cape Province Provincial Growth and Development Plan, 2004-2020 (2003-2004)
- Department of Housing, South Africa. Assessment of options for the development of energy and water efficient low-cost housing in South Africa and an assessment of potential financing mechanisms, South Africa (2000)